What to expect
Walking into a new place can sometimes feel intimidating, we know! Here’s what to expect the first time you visit:
- An informal atmosphere
- A service that lasts about 75 minutes
- A warm welcome no matter who you are
- Free coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Live music
- Childcare and activities for kids
- Teaching from the Bible
- Feel free to just come and observe, you aren’t expected to say anything, give anything, or do anything 🙂
Coffee and snacks at 9:45 am
Service starts at 10:15 am
3120 Park Avenue West
Muscatine, Iowa 52761
View on Google Maps →
What about kids?
We love kids! (In fact, this church is probably not for you if you’re worried about kids making noise.)
- Typically kids stay with their parents/guardians during the music portion of the service.
- Then during the sermon time, kids 5-10 years old are invited to go to “Kids’ Church” with our kids teaching team.
- For kids aged 0-4 years old, we have a nursery that is staffed starting at 9am. You can drop off your youngsters there or you can keep them with you for the whole service if you prefer.
What should I wear?
We’re a very informal group. You’ll mostly see people wearing jeans and t-shirts or “business casual” clothes. Don’t worry too much about this, just wear your normal clothes!
When should I arrive?
Sometime between 9:45am and 10:15am. This is when the coffee, tea, fruit, and donuts are laid out and you can pick up a cup of coffee on your way in. The service starts at 10:15am.
Am I expected to give a donation?
No! In fact we recommend that visitors don’t donate. That’s just for members!
Do I have to be a good person?
No! In some ways, church is like a hospital. We’re all here because we need help, from God and from each other. Church exists to help us all learn and follow God, together. It defeats the whole point if we had to be fixed up before we got here! We’re learning and growing as we go. Come join our happy mess as we grow.
Can I visit if I’m ______________?
Yes, we would love to meet you. Whatever fear of rejection you may have, you can leave it at the door. No matter who you are and where your experiences have taken you, you’ll be loved and respected here when you visit.