We are searching for the right person to help out with our kids ministry. Is it you? Or do you know someone who is a good fit?
Our church is in a growing phase and we need a motivated, energetic person to help build the kids ministry. We’re excited about what God is doing in this church and we believe that kids are a huge part of the future here!
- Part-time: Work 10-15 hours per week on kids ministry.
- Pay is $200/week.
- This position could work well for a wide variety of people:
- A college student who wants a part-time job.
- A stay-at-home parent or empty nester who’s looking for an engaging project.
- A retired person who has energy and vision to minister to kids.
- A young person looking for a place to serve and gain experience. (By the way, if you’re a young person who’s moving to Muscatine for this role, we can likely provide housing for you with a family in the church.)
- You get the idea! The main thing is that you love Jesus and you love kids!
More about the role:
- Primarily focused on kids aged 5-10.
- We’re in a rebuilding phase! Currently we see about 10 kids who join our Sunday services. We anticipate that number to grow significantly as the church grows.
- At the moment, we don’t have a lot of kids programming. We would look to you to help us plan programming and build this up. It’s an exciting spot to be in because you will have a lot of freedom to develop things as you see fit, rather than trying to fill someone else’s shoes.
- We have a team of volunteers here who will help!
We will ask you to:
- Take an active leadership role in building up the kids ministry in the church.
- Love on these kids!
- Lead kids programming during Sunday services and weekday gatherings as needed.
- Make plans and schedules for kids programming and events.
- Coordinate volunteer helpers and teachers.
- Research and recommend curriculum and resources that you want to use.
You might be right for this role if you:
- Are filled with the Holy Spirit!
- See kids ministry as an important, life-changing ministry.
- Want to see kids grow in faith and Bible knowledge.
- Want to see kids discover and use their spiritual gifts.
- Align with our church theologically (see What We Believe).
- Have experience in teaching or kids ministry settings.
- Enjoy organizing and planning.
- Are excited about taking on a leadership role.
Text/call/email Pastor Ethan:
We’re looking forward to seeing you here!