We are searching for the right person to help out with our kids ministry. Is it you? Or do you know someone who is a good fit?
Our church is in a growing phase and we need a motivated, energetic person to help build the kids ministry. We’re excited about what God is doing in this church and we believe that kids are a huge part of the future here!
- Part-time: Work 10-15 hours per week on kids ministry.
- Pay is $200/week.
- If you’re a young person who’s moving to Muscatine for this role, we will provide housing.
- This position could work well for a wide variety of people:
- A young person looking for some hands-on experience in a ministry setting.
- A student attending college nearby or online.
- A stay-at-home parent or empty nester who’s looking for an engaging project.
- A retired person who has energy and vision to minister to kids.
- You get the idea! The main thing is that you love Jesus and you love kids!
More about the role:
- When we say “kids” we’re talking about kids who are in the elementary school age range.
- We’re in a rebuilding phase! Currently we see between 10 kids who join our Sunday services. We anticipate that number to grow significantly as the church grows.
- At the moment, we don’t have a lot of kids programming. We would look to you to help us plan programming and build this up. It’s an exciting spot to be in because you will have a lot of freedom to develop things as you see fit, rather than trying to fill someone else’s shoes.
- We have a great team of volunteers here who will help!
We will ask you to:
- Take an active leadership role in building up the kids ministry in the church.
- Love on these kids!
- Have fun!
- Make plans and schedules for kids programming and events.
- Research and recommend curriculum and resources that you want to use.
- Coordinate volunteers and helpers.
You might be right for this role if you:
- Are filled with the Holy Spirit!
- See kids ministry as an important, life-changing ministry.
- Want to see kids grow in faith and Bible knowledge.
- Want to see kids discover and use their spiritual gifts.
- Align with our church theologically (see What We Believe).
- Are a good organizer and planner.
- Are excited about the challenge of taking on a leadership role.
We’re looking forward to seeing you here!